Be the boss of you. Use success tips from the business world; hold fast to your resolutions for change. Move toward something positive.
When friends who don't know their own social security numbers can recite your "usual" resolutions by rote, it's a sign something's not working. This year we were bound and determined to erase that "Lose 10 pounds" from our repeat-resolution list.
- Don't overload on resolutions. Make one or two.
- Set realistic goals.
- View the resolution as a chance to try new things: resolve to start doing something, not to quit doing something.
- Examine what stopped you from success in the past and work toward eliminating that block.
- Make sure you are personally motivated. Don't internalize suggestions from others; make your goal something you've been wanting to achieve for some time.
- In case of a lapse, don't scrap the whole plan. Start anew the next day, and chalk it up to being human.
Transform Your Life