Good stress can be an asset on your way to success. It can help you focus and reach your goals.
We've all come up against the impossible deadline. But some of us do our best work during stressful times.
That's because "good stress" is associated with the hormone epinephrine, which has been shown to sharpen attention. In contrast "bad stress" is linked to cortisol, a hormone associated with negative emotions, including feeling frazzled.
|Organize Stress Away|
Have Plenty of back-up plans
Know what you can change and what you can't.
Look for the silver lining. Stay optimistic
Take care of your body. Exercise and drink plenty of water. Breathe deeply.
|Success comes to those who are prepared.|
|There actually is good stress-when you're challenged and tackling the project.|
|Keep Your Perspective on Life.|
1. Acquire knowledge. When we know what we're doing, we feel in control and can keep bad stress at bay.
2. Relinquish control. Spend no time worrying about those things that you cannot control.
3. Have a Plan B. Most successful people have tried and failed many times over. They reach their goals not with one great plan, but with a series of great contingency plans.
4.Cultivate a positive outlook. Optimism is the source of good stress and helping us to see the solution beyond the problems.
5. Keep things in perspective. Remember the saying, "If it will be funny later, it's funny now."
6. Prepare, plan and rehearse. Whether you're asking for a raise or going on a job interview, you should rehearse what you'll say. When you're prepared, you summon good stress to help you meet your goals.
7. Learn relaxation techniques. Do you hold your breath, clench your jaw and slump in your seat when things get tough at work? Become aware of your muscles, posture and breathing. You have more control over your body than you think.
8. Eliminate "if only ..." thinking. Wringing your hands about a thousand possible scenarios that might befall you is a sure way to bring on bad stress.
9. Make regular time for yourself. Don't give bad stress the chance to build. Have an outlet for blowing off steam and make it a regular part of your routine.